Big Thanks to Derek Strub

Moderators: Sean McLaughlin, Alex MacDonald, Jake Thomas, TonyLembo

Big Thanks to Derek Strub

Postby Alex MacDonald » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:43 am

Hello everyone

We would like to say a big thank you to Derek Strub for coming out and talking to us about all things new for Shimano, Minn Kota, and Humminbird. The new Curado rods and reel look and feel amazing, but the whole line up from top to bottom has something to suit the needs of every angler.

The highlight of the night though for me (and I am sure others as well) was by far the talk on how to break down a lake. I think I am speaking for everyone in attendance when I say that this is knowledge that you just can't get from too many people, so we are lucky to have Derek come speak to us and be a part of our club. It was nice to see lots of people asking questions and interacting because these opportunities don't come up often.

As always, Derek was gracious with his time (he talked until about 9:30 which is one of our latest meetings ever), and he had some nice draw prizes that went home with some lucky people.

Congratulations to the 50/50 winner as well as the draw winner for the Bass Pro Shops gift card for being in attendance.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the next meeting which will be held on Monday February 12 at our usual meeting location, Ernie's Roadhouse. Speaker and agenda TBD.

Thank you
Alex MacDonald

Return to General Discussion - WW